Coca-Cola European Partners
Develop a tool that would help improve communication campaigns
Europe largest bottler company, Coca-Cola European Partners (CCEP), reached out to Conran Design Group to address a consistency challenge regarding their brand tone of voice and look and feel across their communication channels within their EMEA markets.
Conran Design Group
To address these issues, we have agreed to pursue two solutions:
1. A new way of working for CCEP’s communications:
- A centrally-agreed, over-arching message house or narrative to underpin all communications
- A clear decision-making process for assigning communication support to a project depending on agreed criteria, with the communication team leading this process
- A shared communication calendar
2. A communication playbook:
- A communication playbook to ensure quality and consistency across all communication assets
- A platform that is dynamic, easy to navigate, visually appealing and most importantly, genuinely useful for its audience
- A solution that gives communication teams and other colleagues a clear set of guidelines, tools, templates and supporting materials
I was the lead UX and UI designer on this project.
We started by running a workshop to identify CCEP’s target audiences in order to understand who they are and their behaviours to calibrate the platform accordingly.
Once we have familiarised ourselves with the audiences, I was able to identify the different categories and translate them into personas.
Based on the personas that were developed, I have designed an informational architecture to facilitate the access to information in a frictionless manner.
In order to make each user’s journey more valuable, I developed a ‘decision tree’ to guide the communication teams in the making of their campaigns by capturing their requirements.
To measure the effectiveness of the new IA and the decision tree, I have created wireframes and InVision clickable prototypes of the platform that were then tested by the CCEP employees.
Upon establishing a strong UX, I have designed a UI concept that was brought to life by the motion design team to get it signed off by the client.
I have then managed my UI team to further develop and implement the UI concept.
Throughout the process, I was in charge to present the outputs of our work to the relevant stakeholders (CCEP leadership team and development team) and ensured the delivery of our project within our quality standards and in timely manner.
Information architecture and decision tree
I worked with a motion designer to add meaningful animations and dynamic movements throughout the site, to aid user engagement.